Monday, October 12, 2009

Lorenzo Robert Jamieson is HERE!!!!!!!

Well, Sunday morning at 2 am I had just gotten home from being on call and Les woke up with a start and said "either I just peeded my pants or my water broke!" After quickly grabbing a towel to dry the pool of fluid all over my leg and the bed, I assured her that it wasn't pee.:) We couldn't believe it! He's coming early!?!?! We have been planning on him coming late this whole time since that is what both of the girls did. Oh well, evidently he's on his own schedule.:) Les tried to get some sleep for a while (which didn't work out too well) I ran into the hospital to round real quick and then came back, Les got up without any contractions so she wanted to get the baby moving. She vacuumed, went up and down the stairs:), cleaned up, etc.... We got everything set for the girls. (Thank goodness for great friends!!!). We took our time getting in b/c the same thing happened with Naomi and then we got to the hospital in a hurry, she got strapped down, etc... We got to the hospital about 11am and they gave us a hard time for not coming in earlier so there were no infections. We told them that we've ridden this train before and a few of them admitted that they did the same thing with their babies. The nurses, residents and Dr. Wilson were awesome here at the hospital. Les wanted to do this naturally and they were all very supportive of us (at least to our faces:)). We walked the halls, etc...and about 7pm the contractions finally started coming. About 11 they were more frequent and harder. Les was doing great!!! About 3 am she hit the wall and said that she wanted an epidural after they told her she was only a 7. The anesthesiologist wasn't available right at that time and about 15 min later they checked again and she was a 9. She breathed through her contractions like a champ and after one long push and the cord wrapped around his neck twice Little Enzo arrived at 4:07 am! He cried quickly and him and mom are doing great!!!! What a miracle!!!! We are so happy to have him here and especially that he is healthy. The girls are very excited. We are grateful for such great help and for Leslie's mom who changed everything and is coming a week earlier than planned. What an awesome experience!!!! Although Les did a great job doing an unmedicated delivery and is happy to have done it, I don't think that she'll be doing that again.:) What a great day!!! Here are some of his hospital pics.









15 comments:

Dana said...

Yea! Congrats! Tell little Les I am so proud of her courage! Way to go au natural!

Janet said...

After yelling and screaming with happiness, I'm now ready to write my comment :) I'm so happy for you guys. Les, you are amazing!!! You totally did it! Way to go. I'll be mailing you a trophy in the mail. Thanks for telling the story so quickly, too. How much did he weigh? He looks, well, big. Again, way to go les!! Love you all!!!!

Kristi said...

Ahhhhhh, he is so handsome!! Good job Leslie! You are a champ. I can't wait to see more pictures of the little man and the whole family. Good luck!! Love you guys!

Jackie said...

Wow Les. What a woman! He's SO cute! And a little chunk. Good thing he came early :) We can't wait to meet him. Congratulations to your whole family!

Jill said...

YAY! I have been anxiously awaiting pictures ALL DAY! He is so cute! and such a little chunk! I can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!! Welcome to the family, Enzo!

Church Fam said...

Congrats you guys on a beautiful baby! Mom is a champ!

Mindy said...

Congratulations you guys!!!!!! I am so out of it that I didn't even know you were pregnant! I guess I'm not the greatest at keeping in touch.

He is so gorgeous. A boy! They are fun. I should know!

Leah Miller said...

I didn't even know Leslie was pregnant!! Congrats.

Heidi said...

Congratulations!! Way to go Bob! It's not easy helping your wife through labor!!

Britt said...

Hooray!!! I definitely think natural childbirth is WAY harder than a marathon. Now you've done both! Good job! :) I'm thrilled for you guys. It will be fun to see you with a boy! And plenty of little mommies to help!

Christi said...

Congratulations guys! Way to go Les! Seeing the pics makes me cry, I love new babies... (Hearing the story makes me cry too and want to throw up :) maybe because it's childbirth is too fresh!) You are awesome! He is adorable!!!

Kelli said...

Leslie...i am so proud that you skipped the "wimpedural". Congrats to your whole family. He looks healthy and you all look happy. What a wonderful milestone in your family. Thanks for sharing it with us via text and blog. We sure miss you guys!

emily and adrian said...

AWW! Enzo! We love you, and I was so hoping your mommy would stick with this name...I will never forget sitting in her townhouse kitchen and she shared with me her hopes and dreams of having a little lorenzo!

Well Enzo, dreams come true!

way to go Les...no meds! and i bet you never even used the f work once! you are a champ.

congrats bobby! you have a son!
so happy for all of you!

sisters...you be good to little bro...i know you will!

love y'all!

LuCi said...

Congratulations!!!! I am soooo excited for you! Boys are wonderful!

The McKameys said...

Yeah! Congratulations! I didn't even know number three was coming... way to go! Boys are so much fun and two big sisters and a little brother... what could be better? (I might be a little biased that way... :) Enjoy 'em while they're little. Kate